To establish and grow a successful solar sales business, you need to go beyond the design of a PV installation and master the crafting of a successful sales process, the intricacies of ROI calculations, and navigating the complex world of solar finance. These are the skills that will differentiate you from your competition and provide the competitive edge needed in this growing and dynamic industry.
- Five interactive self-paced eLearning modules delivered with a mix of text, images, practice activities and assessments.
- The final course in a three-course series that addresses the NABCEP task analysis for PV Technical Sales Professionals.
- Questions answered by solar sales professionals via email
- Connect with peers through discussion forums and chat.
- Estimated time to complete this course is 5-10 hours.
- Course materials available for reference and review for 1 year after registration.
Topics Covered Include
- Selling and Marketing Solar PV
- PV Proposal Creation
- Residential and Commercial Sales and Marketing
- Case Study - Residential Sales
- Solar Financing
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the principles that drive world-class sales organizations.
- Describe the principles that drive successful marketing.
- Describe lead generation—prospect to close the process..
- Identify the characteristics of a good PV proposal.
- Identify and use solar sales tools
- Differentiate the factors that help determine components for residential and commercial PV installations.
- Describe key PV promotional and marketing techniques.
- Describe how to overcome customer objections regarding PV
- Explain the financing options for solar projects
- Compare loan, leasing and PPA options.
This course builds on the concepts presented in Solar PV Sales Fundamentals and Solar PV Sales: Economics and Finance. Equivalent knowledge/experience in PV including customer and site analyses, PV system sizing, essential components of solar sales proposals, utility rates, rebates and incentives and various ways to determine investment returns may be substituted at the learner’s discretion. Familiarity with Excel or other spreadsheet programs will be helpful.
Minimum Computer Requirements
Browser Internet Explorer 6,7,8, FireFox 3.0, Chrome 2.0 or Safari 3.1
Screen Resolution 1024 X 768 pixels
LAN Speed 10 Mbps
Internet Connection Speed 256 Kbps
CPU/Processor Pentium III/IV and above
Operating System Windows 2000/XP
RAM 256 MB
Hard Disk Space 1 GB
Sound Card Required, 16-bit
Color Depth 32-bit (highest)
Java Runtime Environment JRE 1.4.2_08
For pre-registration questions, call toll-free (866) 423-6475 or email Solar Living Institute's Online Course Support.
Because students will receive individual confirmations and log in information to the online program, the person registering must provide an email address for each attendee being registered.
After Registration Technical Support
Please email email@example.com or call (210) 254-1027.
Refunds, less a $40 processing fee, can be requested for up to (3) days following purchase assuming modules have been reviewed but not completed.